Friday, June 19, 2009

Good First Impressions: More Failings in Growing Up

"Monday, interview 11 AM."  I wrote it on my calendar.  I picked 11 AM because I wanted to have time to shower and calm myself before the phone rang to begin my 11 AM phone interview.  It was a phone interview because the job is in Montana and I am in Portland, Oregon.  "Montana" is some Latin form of the word "mountain," as in Mountain Time, one hour later than Pacific Time, which is where Portland is.  Needless to say, I was not calm and collected for my 11 AM interview because it was at 10 AM Pacific Time.  Duh.  
I was, however, clean for my phone interview.  I showered for a phone interview because I wanted to feel professional.  But, it's very hard to feel professional and on top of your game, when you are, yes, clean, but also completely and totally naked.