Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finally! Free drinks!

Finally, a stranger sent over a drink for me in a bar! Just like in the movies! (1) I mean I've had possible roofy-peddling men buy me drinks in a bar before, but I didn't actually drink them. (2) But THIS TIME, the suave stranger sent it over via the waitress (ie roofy free). One for me...and one for my date. Also this suave stranger was a woman in her mid 50s. Jealous?

Some people say that everyone should work in the service industry at some point in their lives. The theory is that this will keep people from being bitches when they go out to eat. But, a more positive way to look at it is: Free Drinks!

When we got to the restaurant it was super crowded and we slipped into a big table as soon as it was clear. A couple minutes later a group of 50-somethings came in and had to awkwardly stand around. My former hostess brain kicked in and I found a small table my friend and I could scoot into and gave the bigger table to the bigger group. It seemed like simple mathematics to us, but the group was so appreciative that they bought us a round of drinks.

Win-win-win!

(1) Sort of.
(2) Paranoid? Eh, I don't always hang out at the classiest places. Plus, these men usually order gross, slutty drinks so they're pretty easy to turn down.

No comments: