Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sleeping Around

The first sleep over I can remember was at my friend Ashley's house. I loved her house because they had a small trampoline* and instead of putting toys away in their rooms they could just leave them on the stairs. We were friends for many reasons I'm sure, but most notably because we had good taste: she had a My Little Pony (TM) sleeping bag and I, Pound Puppies (TM).

When I was in late elementary or middle school, I got a black sleeping bag with plaid flannel lining. Very practical. Through high school and college I would get away with borrowing sleeping bags--usually black or blue slumber jack (TM) little numbers for trips and camping, but that requires so much planning. I want to go camping at a moment's notice!

So, at age 25, I've invested in my own, grown up sleeping bag for camping and sleep overs. I looked at all the specifics before making my choice. It's designed for a small woman, is temperature rated to 15 degrees and weighs practically nothing for hiking in and out with. And, most importantly, while sleeping bags for grown ups don't come in the Pound Puppy (TM) variety, they do come in pink. Hot pink.


*like one you use in aerobics class

No comments: